At Codex we value innovation, integrity and excellence, and we’d like to hear from talented people interested in joining our law firm. We have created a unique working environment in the fast-paced and innovative world of Silicon Valley. We offer competitive compensation and employee benefits.
We appreciate your interest in a career at Codex. Please use the form below to learn more about the opportunities at our firm. Codex is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Codex Legal, we thrive on innovative ideas and highly encourage out-of-the-box thinking. Our employees are our most valuable assets. We provide the highest quality service to our clients, and we hire the most talented individuals at every level. We take tremendous pride in finding team members who will add to our culture of service. Once you join, we want you to stay and build your career here.
This position is to be the lead attorney on high value and complex sale, channel and financing transactions, contacts and technology licensing transactions. This position will work closely with our clients’ sales, deals desk, revenue, technology, accounting, operations, procurements and finance teams.
Strong candidates are proactive, solutions-driven, and independent, with experience in drafting and negotiating software, cloud services, vendor financing, data protection information security, technology licensing, contacts, and hardware agreements.
Seeking individuals who:
• Are unrelenting in their pursuit of achievement and are constantly seeking self-improvement.
• Can persevere in the face of challenge and bounce back from setbacks.
• Can adjust according to the situation, learn new things, innovate, and try new methods.
• Have a desire to explore the unknown and question the status quo in pursuit of better, more effective solutions.
• Review, negotiate and conclude complex commercial contracts involving cloud, hardware, software, and support services that comply with the clients’ policies and risk tolerance.
• Support client as the one of the primary commercial attorneys for that client, providing assistance and advice where needed or requested.
• Familiarity with and working knowledge of privacy and information security legal issues to the extent necessary to review, draft and negotiate data protection and information security agreements with customers and partners.
• Draft, review and negotiate master agreements with clients’ customers, including Data Protection Agreements; drafting new templates to cover newly created programs as needed.
• Respond promptly and effectively to legal requests from clients’ sales teams (with a focus on Cloud, Software, biotech etc sales), business development, operations, senior management, and other internal clients, and advise on recommended courses of action and legal risks.
• Provide legal advice recommendations as may be necessary, including identifying processes, legal requirements, registrations, and procedures. Ability to judge when to escalate identified issues.
• Support continuous improvement of standard form agreements, policies and legal processes related to commercial transactions.
• Handle special projects as requested.
• Must be admitted to the bar in at least one U.S. state, and have a law degree from a reputable law school.
• Must have strong commercial transactions involving IT, SW, SaaS, PaaS, and biotechnology licensing experience.
• Extensive experience working in a constructive and professional manner with sales personnel and management.
• Extensive experience as the primary attorney on drafting and negotiating end user license agreements, managed security services agreements, reseller agreements, customer support and professional services agreements.
• Experience drafting and negotiating data processing/data privacy and information security agreements and working with subject matter experts in these areas.
• Ability to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects from multiple clients simultaneously under deadline pressure.
• Familiarity with revenue recognition issues to be able to identify that there may be a revenue recognition impact with certain terms in customer agreements.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility, and ability to work independently.
• Superior language, written and verbal communication skills required.
• Occasional travel.
• Undergrad or work experience in a technical discipline is a plus
The candidate provides support to the Transactional Practice, which provides a full range of legal services relating to corporate, commercial and trade issues to primarily high technology companies. Works closely with clients on corporate formation and maintenance matters. Works with Codex.Legal office and correspondent offices to incorporate companies and register branches and representative offices of clients in foreign jurisdictions.
Reviews documents from local counsel (i.e. shareholder and director resolutions) to ensure compliance with requirements under California law. Maintains and updates corporate minute books. Assists attorneys with special research and organizational projects. Other duties as assigned.
General knowledge of U.S. corporate law required. Excellent writing, organizational, and client relationship skills and strong attention to detail required. Must have a BS or BA degree or a certificate of completion of a paralegal program, plus 3+ years of paralegal experience.
The Discovery Project Manager is responsible for providing guidance and support to the case team in the management of day-to-day Discovery matters. You will work side by side with case managers to support the team. You are responsible for coordinating with the team to create the project schedule and communication protocol. You will also be responsible for coordinating with vendors, acting as a technical liaison.